Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 7: One Week, Playoffs and the Chill

10/6/2010
The Good, The Bad and The Writing

The Good
1) One week! I made it one week on this blog thing, and I am slowly starting to get it figured out a piece at a time. Lets see how much I have learned about blogging and myself come a month in. Or a year? I've heard it takes at least two weeks to make a habit stick. I am halfway there now. Wish me luck readers.
2) What a start to the baseball playoffs! Texas pulls off the upset with a fantastic performance. In spite of an exciting ninth inning that didn't need to be exciting. Congrats to Roy Halladay on only the second no hitter in MLB postseason history! And now Liriano is making the Yankees look bad (I certainly hope I didn't just jinx him). Only two things wrong with this postseason so far: the Giants haven't lost yet, and the Dodgers aren't in the playoffs.

The Bad
Some companies would run so much smoother without clients and employees.

The Writing
After making love Frank and Elizabeth collapsed on the mattress that laid on their bedroom floor. Sheets and blankets untucked and in a shambles. Their legs entwined like a pretzel. One last passionate kiss before slipping into unconsciousness.
One hour later and the house was settling under the weight of their belongings. A cold breeze blew through the house starting from the back door. It rifled papers on the kitchen counter as it passed. One fluttered to the floor. This breeze made its way through the living room and up the stairs. Down the hall to the last door on the right. It stopped at the closed door as if pondering what to make of the obstacle. Then it ignored it and passed through the door as if it weren't there. The chill passed between boxes to the foot of the bed where the exhausted lovers lay. The sweet sweat of their sex long since evaporated.
Frank shivered, pulled the blankets up tighter over himself and lay an arm across Elizabeth's chest in an almost protective gesture. Then he let out a snore and slept on.
The chill lingered at the foot of their bed until the horizon began to lighten. At which point it retreated the same way it had entered and out into the brightening dawn.

Authors note: I need to avoid watching baseball before writing. It severely hinders my creativity. I find this rather odd and troubling. Two things I love the most don't mix. I am sorely disappointed and will be rewriting this section. So until tomorrow night.

Stay scared my friends,

My Little Demon
myltldmn@gmail.com

No comments: