Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 16: (Late) Friday Night with Good Friends, Missed Writing and Death of a Friend

10/17/2010 (for 10/15/10)
The Good, The Bad and The Writing

The Good
     As earlier stated I was going to drink Jack and root beer in honor of the good times I had in Vegas with "Surprise! You know the rest..."  Well, I wound up getting pretty wasted at friends' house on my old drink of choice.  If any of you saw some of my posts on FB you already know this.  lol.  It was interesting.  Drinking Jack was like "Going home".  It has been awhile since I had Jack.  I've been drinking mostly bourbon lately, and the sweetness of Jack hit me pretty hard.  Of course my proportions were like they used to be.  Not like they would make in a bar.  It started out being a one to one ratio Jack to root beer.  But by the third (and last) it was a 2 to 1 ratio.  Oh yeah, and I made a couple rounds of Pineapple upside down cake shots as well.  Needless to say, I wasn't driving home.  I have an awesome wife who takes care of me when I get that wasted.  I love you Mr's My Little Demon.

The Bad
    The bad part about drinking like that?  I didn't write.  Not good.  So now I am going to make up for it and write Friday's blog today (Sunday).

The Writing
    Saturday September 15, 2012  noon
   I got up this morning and I felt great.  I slept in until 11 and hopped on the treadmill for forty-five minutes.  Made myself a three egg omelet with bell peppers, bacon and cheddar cheese.  Now I have to run a few errands - grocery store, Lowes for the shelving materials and I'll probably stop by the hospital to check on Liz.  More later...

    4pm
   What the hell?  I don't know what to write.  Liz is dead.  Just like that.She never regained consciousness last night.  The doctors haven't even figured out what happened yet.  The hospital was in chaos.  The entire staff was in a near panic.  I heard one nurse say that every room was full and that people were on gurneys in the halls.  Again I ask, what the hell?  The govt on the TV says that there is a high level of a new strain of flu running wild.  And judging by the state of the hospital, I am going to believe it.  That does explain why the grocery store was so slow today.  If only I had heard the news before going there, I would have stocked up on more essentials.  I am going to stay in tonight.

    9pm
     I just called PJ's and Jess is there.  She sounded in a bit of a panic.  That seems to be going around lately. (Note to self - find a new word for panic).  I'm going to head over there and see if I can help her.  I know I can use a drink.  And I am not getting anything done here today.  I can't get my mind off Liz.  I don't understand.  I carried her.  I don't feel sick.  God I hope it stays that way.  The news hasn't been good.

     11:30pm
     I just got back from PJ's.  By the time i got there Jess was quite a mess.  She has been watching the TV in the empty bar.  The reports are not good from all around the nation.  People are dying by the hundreds from whatever this flu is.  I am starting to get a bit freaked out.  I gave Jess my number and told her to call me if she needed to talk.  I helped her shut the bar down.  She tried to get a hold of the owner before doing so, but she couldn't get him on the phone.  She is assuming the worst.  I offered to follow her home, but she said she would be ok.  And that she was just a bit freaked out being in that bar by herself for so long.  I assured her that I would be up for awhile if she needed to talk.  I'm not sure that is going to be the truth however.  I am emotionally drained now.  And I am not afraid to admit, a bit scared.  I can't reach anyone on the phone.
     Facebook traffic has been insane.  Everyone seems to be posting about dying relatives and friends.  I am upgrading my question.  What the FUCK!?  Dare I watch the news?  Yeah, I need to know what's going on.
  

Stay scared my friends,
My Little Demon
myltldmn@gmail.com

No comments: