Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 2: Weight Loss, Son's School Improvement, and green glowing rain.

10/1/2010
The Good, The Bad and The Writing

The Good
1) I got off the scale today after my shower and I weighed 14.8 pounds less than I did on September 1st. I am quite proud of myself for this. I haven't changed my exercise habits, but I have changed my eating habits. My wife and I began trying to cleanse ourselves of all the toxins in our body at the beginning of September. We were just going to do the "Master Cleanse" and then just try to make better eating choices on a case by case basis. For those of you who do not know what the "Master Cleanse" is, I will explain it briefly. For 10 days you eat nothing. The only calories you take in come from a mixture of Fresh squeezed lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne pepper and water. There are a couple other things that I won't go into right now that are designed to "really clean you out". Well, we wound up LOVING the way it made us feel. Well, rather than going back to our normal eating habits we bought the Jack Lalanne's Juicer. Oh my goodness! What a fabulous machine! So, since the 18th we have been "drinking"two meals a day and having one normal meal. I haven't felt this good about my diet ever. Here is what I had for lunch today: a tomato, 2 carrots, an apple, 2 cups of spinach, 1/4 of a large beet, 3 stalks of celery, and a bunch of grapes. Fantastic. I don't plan on stopping this diet any time soon.

2) First thing this morning I had to go to my son's school in order to determine how far he has progressed with his learning difficulties. It turns out he no longer needs half of the help measures that he has been entitled to. And I just want to go on record and say how incredibly proud of him I am that he has started out this school year better than any other. WAY TO GO KIDDO!!!


The Bad
I've got nothing in particular gnawing at me at the moment, and I'd like to keep it that way, so I am not going to search for something to be upset about. So you are spared from reading about me whining for today. Lucky you!


The Writing
Brief tonight, tired.

SS Endurance
Ship's Manifest
9/26/2012

The storm passed right over us. It was the strangest storm I've experienced in 27 years of captaining ships. The rain was coming down sideways at times. There seemed to be an odd glow about it as it was coming down.


I give. I'm going to bed. Going to have to start writing earlier from now on. Good night all.


My Little Demon
myltldmn@gmail.com

No comments: