Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 29: HorrorFatale, Cocktail Blog, New Opportunities, and Freddy gets really uncomfortable.

10/28/2010
The Good, The Bad and The Writing

The Good
1)      Tonight I am going to give a shout out to someone I have never met and probably never will.  If you are like me, then you need to check this chic's site out. www.horrorfatale.com  She reviews horror movies and is pretty much my source for new horror coming out.  Check out her site and follow her on FB and Twitter.  Her insights are pretty similar to mine, but she is able to put the reviewing process into words where I haven't been able to yet.  It is obvious that she knows what she is talking about and is entertaining in the process.
2)      I will be rolling out the cocktail blog next week.  I am trying to finalize the format today and tomorrow.  I have so many ideas that I want to incorporate into it, that I think I need to narrow it down and focus it.
3)     Today I got some news that I could have put into the good or the bad.  I decided to take the good route tonight.  And anyone who knows me, knows that is a big deal.  As you may know, I work from home as an accountant.  I work for a company that does accounting and accounting system implementations for government contractors.  The company I work for is located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.  We were on the verge of signing an implementation contract today with a company here in San Antonio.  This would make me the lead on the contract.  I am extremely excited about this.  Of course I have butterflies, but that will cease as soon as I get into the thick of things.  I have been through implementations like this half a dozen times, and been lead on most of them.  The difference here is that I am representing another company on this one.  That is the reason for the butterflies.
        The only drawback to this is that It will be ramping up right about the time I am trying to complete the NaNoWriMo in November.  An implementation requires a lot of hours.  Well above and beyond the normal 40 hours a week that most people are accustomed to working.  Could the extra hours derail my attempt to write?  Maybe.  I am choosing to count it as an opportunity to test my resolve that I want to be a writer.  I am ready for the challenge.  I don't think I will be getting much sleep in the month of November.  I am committed to finally getting my writing going.  I am going to write a novel in the month of November.  At least the first draft of one.  I am also equally committed to my current career and will make this implementation a success for my company as well.

The Bad
  Starting tomorrow, I am going to exclude this section unless something really pisses me off.  I don't like leaving a blank or underused section in my work.  And this section seems to be the most underused section of my blog.  So, those of you that look forward to my rantings, will have to read the good stuff to find out if I went off on anything each day.  Neener neener neener.


The Writing
     "Hi Freddy.  Why don't you move a little closer.  It would make conversation so much easier, don't you think?"  She stared at him as she spoke.  Freddy noticed that her eyes were emerald green and she never blinked.
     Freddy was at the disadvantage in this situation.  He would be the first to admit that he is never able to make the first move, but this amount of forwardness by a woman so early in the evening was really making him off balance.  "I didn't know if you were here with anyone," he blurted as he stood up.
     She looked around and said, "Not until you sit here next to me."
     "Ok, well then, prepare to be bored."  He winced inwardly at this comment.  His insecurity just wouldn't depart.  "I mean, I was unprepared for conversation tonight. It's been a rough week at work and I just came in here..."
     "To unwind?"  She just kept looking at him.
     "Well, yes."  Freddy was now quite off balance as he sat in the stool.  "What's your name?"
     "You can call me Jane.  I am here to blow," she enunciated that word with big red round lips, "off a little steam as well."
     "I haven't seen you in here before.  And I am pretty much a regular."  And almost to put an exclamation on his point.  John the bartender set a napkin and glass filled with a brown liquid with a couple cubes of ice floating in it on the bar in front of Freddy.  "Thank you, John.  Can you get Jane here a drink on me please?"
     "What can I get you hun?" John looked into the green eyes across the bar from him.
     "Scotch on the rocks like my new friend Freddy here."
     "Coming right up." John said and turned to pour her drink.
     "How did you know I am drinking scotch?" Freddy asked her quietly with eyebrows raised.
     She gave him a demure smile and said, "Lucky guess, I suppose."
     Freddy looked at his glass, then at Jane's smile, then back at his glass.  He grabbed it and tilted it back and swallowed it as if it were a shot.  "John, can you make me another one as well please?"
     John turned and looked quizzically at Freddy, but only briefly before grabbing another glass and pouring him a second drink.
     John returned and set the drinks down in front of the unlikely pair.  Then he moved down the bar to help a young woman with large breasts very nearly exposed that had just sat at the other end of the bar.
    "So, Freddy, tell me what do you like to do besides work way too much?  And come in here to drink your four scotches and go home alone to your house that is far too big for a successful single guy like you?"
  

Ok, I am still trying to decide where I am going with this one.  That is all I am going to put out there tonight.  What is "Jane's" deal?  I'll be honest with you.  I don't know either.  This one is just flowing.  I just can't type fast enough to keep up with the dialogue I want these two to say.  And by the time I get one line written, I have lost the next line I wanted to write.  So I am going to sleep on this.  And try to pick it back up tomorrow.

Stay scared my friends,
My Little Demon
myltldmn@gmail.com

1,121

No comments: