Total Pageviews

Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 12: My Brother, the Zombie (concluded)

The Good, The Bad and The Writing

The Good
Ok, I am starting this early enough to finish it tonight. I'd like to apologize to my millions of fans for the sporadicness (ha another invented word) and completeness of this blog. It was one hell of a weekend. And the 24 hours awake straight kinda knocked me on my ass and threw off my schedule. But hey, what a ride.
I met a lot of cool people down in southern Texas. I'd list their names, but I don't want to do that without permission. I am going to write this though. I knew them all before they were famous filmmakers, actors and actresses. Maybe I can even sell a script to them someday. I guess the first one could be free. Get em hooked. I am going to start rewriting Deja Mort into screenplay format. I believe it was the producer of My Brother, The Zombie that led me to the Software Celtx. Gonna crack it open tonight and try to write the prologue in it.
Ok, back to the story of Saturday. Where was I when I passed out last night? We got to the location and waited around for the crew to arrive. Which they did one or two at a time. They wanted to start filming at 9am. 11am rolled around and "Action" still hadn't been called. Cindy said to me, "We could have left at 6." That didn't help. Luckily that was the low point of the day for me. It was all uphill from there. As I got more and more comfortable around these new people. I really must find a way to combat this fear of strangers. How am I ever going to get through book signings. I know - drunk.
I was asked if I wanted to be the backup sound guy, because the sound guy was going to have to leave around 6 or 7 that night. Ok, there is the first indication of just how long the day was going to be. So I got a crash course in the sound equipment. Though in all honesty most of it went in one ear and out the other. So I doubt I will be invited back for that job. I decided that I wasn't going to have the opportunity to write when i got home, so i broke out the laptop as they were filming the first scene. I must say I was starting to get into the filming process. And wanted to start writing about it right away. Plus I must say I really wanted an opening that wasn't too obvious to tell the group that I was a writer. Sneaky sneaky little demon. After I got my writing done and talked to a couple of the crew about my writing I put the laptop away and lay down in Xena for a cat nap. And hour later (2:45pm) and we were breaking for lunch. More anxiety for me. At least on the set the focus was on getting the job done. Now we went back to a semi social setting and it was a group of people that I had known for about 5 hours. Those of you that know me, know that I have anxiety in groups of people that I have known for years. That internal agony was over quickly enough and back to the set we went.
I don't recall what time it was when I was asked if I wanted to be a zombie and in a scene. DUH! That was my hope all along. So I began the transformation. I had a gear inserted into my forehead and a wound put on the back of my head. I am glad I had shaved my head the night before. They then filmed a small scene where I walked up and banged on the window of the house. Then we stood around and waited. And watched. And socialized. And waited. And laughed a lot. Then it was dark. And they were ready to film the finale of the film (not filmed in order). I don't want to ruin it, but I ate my first brain in this scene. And mmmm, mmmmm good as the Campbell's commercial used to say. I'll have to try it again some day. I may not even fight so hard when the zombies really come.
9pm. Time to say our goodbyes and hit the road. I decided to leave my zombie makeup on and try to scare the wife and boy when i got home. Well, good thing I did. The border patrol guards were a bit taken aback when we stopped at the checkpoint. But the real up side to the makeup is I think it got me out of a speeding ticket with just a warning. I am pretty sure I freaked out the cop when i leaned over to the glove box and exposed the wound in the back of my head. haha.
1:45am Dropped off Cindy at her house and then drove the rest of the way home. Got through the front door at 2:17am. To an empty house. Demakeup and wait for the fam to get home. Bed around 3am.

The Bad
Not interested in ranting about the little brats at the library today. Lets just say that parents need to have better control of their children.

The Writing
The original writing is going to be done offline tonight. Sorry everyone. But it is time to run with the inspiration and convert Deja Mort to a screenplay.

Stay scared my friends,

My Little Demon

No comments: