The Good, The Bad and The Writing
I'm probably the last to admit this, and I know when my wife reads this tomorrow, she is going to say "DUH!". I didn't really give San Antonio a chance. I cam here with a closed mind and a closed heart. Then this was compounded by the fact that I had to live with my in-laws for six months BEFORE MY WIFE MOVED HERE! Talk about hell for any man! I wouldn't want to live with my family for six weeks, let alone someone else's family for six months. And that was just before my wife moved here. We ALL had to live there for another 4 months after that. Not easy. Not fun. Add on top of that the prejudice Texans have for Californians that kept me from gaining employment in my primary profession. My mind was definitely closed to the city that had closed itself off to me. That's how it felt.
San Antonio, I am offering to let bygones be bygones. I won't ask for an apology, because it will just piss me off more when I don't get it. I will accept your shallowness and move on. I will make an effort to see the beauty and great things you have to offer. Obviously it isn't going to be employment! I have found that elsewhere and you know what? It's YOUR loss San Antonio. You almost broke me SA. You will never know exactly how close you came. But guess what? I beat you! I have found employment for a company that benefits you none at all. So really, I get the last laugh in this one! So, now that I have won, I am offering you peace if you submit to my demands. Each and every one of them.
1) You will no longer make me feel like an outsider in what is obviously going to be my hometown for awhile.
2) You will submit to my desires to once again own a home with a yard big enough to have a real garden.
3) You will continue to allow me to meet interesting and new people who are not as narrow minded as you are. This will in turn allow me to open my mind and heart to you. Up until now, the only good thing about SA has been the people I have met, that didn't know I was from California until after it was too late for them to dismiss me as a stereotype.
4) You will accept my apology for being closed minded for the past two years. I will attempt to find the bright spots and avoid the dark ones.
5) You won't take it personal if I don't agree with everything you stand for. And I in turn will not hold it against you that you haven't caught up culturally with the rest of the country. I will seek out the pockets of culture that have kept up with the world.
Do we have a deal San Antonio? I'll be waiting to hear your answer! I am opening my heart and mind to the possibilities!
On Hiatus until 12/16/10
Focusing on Just Another Zombie Love Story tonight.
Stay scared my friends,
My Little Demon