Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 34: Work, NaNoWriMo, distractions, and Zombie Preparedness

11/2/2010
The Good, The Bad and The Writing

The Good
1)    I had a very busy day "at work".  Tomorrow is going to be even more insane.  My to do list has about 18 hours worth of work on it.  I'll be starting at 6am sharp in order to fit it all in.  Because after working, I am committed to writing for the NaNoWriMo.  And after that I still have research to do for my liquor project.  Could I be any busier?  Yeah probably.  And that eventuality is coming soon too.  Adding a new Client to my mix for work.  Bring it on.  Nothing is going to bring me down this month.  I am going to have the first draft of a novel by midnight November 30th.  I am amped about that.  And it is going to be a zombie novel.  And as we all know, zombies are pretty damn popular right now.  I am hoping to be able to capitalize on that popularity.
2)   I'm sure you are tired of reading about the NaNoWriMo by now, but I have to share the latest excitement for me about it.  Aside from writing that is.  There are over 1000 people in the San Antonio area alone that are participating in this event.  And there are hosted "write-ins" around the city throughout the month.  I will be attending hopefully at least two this week.  Tomorrow evening at the Starbucks downtown, Saturday Morning at Barnes & Noble, and Sunday night at the Yardhouse.  I am really looking forward to meeting like minded people and being able to interact with these folks.  I can't wait to share my finished product with the world.  My dream is to be published.  Well, actually my dream is to be a full time writer, and not have to deal with corporate America anymore.
Can I count on all of you to buy at least one copy of my book?  And to spread the word like a virus.  Let it spread like the zombie infection itself.

The Bad
I really need to do something about the fact that I am easily distracted from what I am supposed to be focused on.  I should be writing in all of my spare time, yet, I find any number of "more important" things to do.  I am going to call BULLSHIT on myself.  There is nothing more important than to strive for my dream.  So what the hell is wrong with me?

The Writing
Tonight I am going to give you a topic to chime in about.  this is something that I really think needs to be addressed by Hollywood or some talented writer soon.  It is really starting to bug me.
Why has there never been a zombie movie where the characters actually knew what the hell was going on?  Why is there never a hero that is actually ready for this eventuality?  I mean really?  If the Zapocolypse were to hit tomorrow, there is a HUGE minority (I know oxymoron) of the population that will be prepared and know exactly what to do.  Why do we never see these individuals in the movies?  Would it be boring cinema to show the pockets of humanity that were able to keep out the Shamblors?  Alright  here is where YOU comment.  I really want to know what you think.

Time to NoWri

Stay scared my friends,
My Little Demon
myltldmn@gmail.com

567

No comments: